HOMO FERRATUS - by makadi3000

I'm a designer currently living and working in Zurich, right in the middle of Europe. This blog is about my original toy work and hobby interests. I dedicate it to Japanese artist Kow Yokoyama, creator of the Maschinen Krieger universe, which has always been a teacher and source of inspiration to me, as he is for many contemporary concept artists and illustrators of the 21st century.

Thanks for looking! - Adi D'Agostino aka makadi3000

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

CERBERUS (11)

Like the original Cerberus, I used a T-62 turret for the base of the head. I found this ACE kit on eBay. The injection moulding quality is awful, but it has some very usefull parts. I didn't think of that before, but if you use the T-62 deck in your body work, you will have a nice turnable turret just like the original build. Mine will be pinned and stay movable as well.

Some scale theory: Now you can see that a 1/16 Rolls with 1/72 donor parts is almost straight proportional to the original 1/8 Rolls with 1/35 donor parts, which makes my model exactly half the size of the original kit ... and building sooo much easyer :D

The "cone" for the armor plate is from 1/20 Tamiya Pit Stop Crew accessories and the underside roll another Feldküche milk churn with tank wheels on both ends.

Now I have to bring together my spare parts for the filigree sensor head of the Cerberus, which looks quite challenging in small scale... wish me luck ;)

No comments: