HOMO FERRATUS - by makadi3000

I'm a designer currently living and working in Zurich, right in the middle of Europe. This blog is about my original toy work and hobby interests. I dedicate it to Japanese artist Kow Yokoyama, creator of the Maschinen Krieger universe, which has always been a teacher and source of inspiration to me, as he is for many contemporary concept artists and illustrators of the 21st century.

Thanks for looking! - Adi D'Agostino aka makadi3000

Saturday, March 29, 2008

CUBACAR

This is an off topic post about the marvellous cars and vehicles of Cuba:

I haven’t been on vacations for ages, but this compensated it all! I just came back from a wonderful fourteen days trip from Fidel's homeland. It was a beautiful warm experience in a meteorological and much more in a human sense. We spent a few days at Varadero’s beaches, which are very beautiful but have nothing to do with Cuba (I just say All-Inclusive!) but then we rent a car and travelled ten days around the peerless country of Cuba… but this is another story ;)

This is only a small collection of vehicles I’ve seen during my journey… and yes, it’s true… they have tons and tons of crazy amazingly beautiful classic cars, trucks, busses and other vehicles from 1960 and older, some of them incredibly well preserved, with an absolutely authentic patina and soooo much character! Of course we had to ride one by ourselves… so I start with a picture out of the window from a 1952 BUICK taxi, showing the “Malecón” – the sea front of Havana!













No comments: