HOMO FERRATUS - by makadi3000

I'm a designer currently living and working in Zurich, right in the middle of Europe. This blog is about my original toy work and hobby interests. I dedicate it to Japanese artist Kow Yokoyama, creator of the Maschinen Krieger universe, which has always been a teacher and source of inspiration to me, as he is for many contemporary concept artists and illustrators of the 21st century.

Thanks for looking! - Adi D'Agostino aka makadi3000

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Laputa - Castle in the Sky Robot Soldier

Got the new 1/20 Robot Soldier Kit by Fine Molds with my last order - a beautiful snap-together kit of the very artistic and iconic Laputa (Castle in the Sky) Robot by Hayao Miyazaki from 1986. A quick and easy model, slightly modified (POPBOT style, lol) and rescaled with the 1/35 boy figure - hope you like it ^^










6 comments:

Wills_Migig said...

looks amazing! does it have articulation at the limbs?

makadi3ooo said...

Thanks! :)
yes, I like the articulation at the limbs too, check this pic: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eTB38xv5jM4/TWXG2nlbnHI/AAAAAAAAIKo/KH_Kce6emUU/s1600/ap_20110224090045114.jpg

Wills_Migig said...

oh damn D: even more awesome!

Unknown said...

brilliant work!

Anonymous said...

luv this version! awesome! inspired me! how did you do that? did you use airbrush or hand paint only? i'm trying to hand paint like yours... but still need a lil bit advise here. :)

Unknown said...

I am a great fan for Hayao Miyazaki's work and Ashley wood's, and Laputa robot is certainly the number 1 favorite! so does popbot, cos they have so many similarity yet they are very special on their own ! I adore your work! !! Great honor !